Our Work with the Education Sector
As an agency, we specialise in digital marketing across a range of industry sectors. One area where we have a wealth of experience is the education sector, having worked with a number of educational establishments to improve their digital marketing performance.
On the face of it, the education sector should be a digital marketer’s dream as the target audience tends to be largely tech-savvy and heavily engaged. However, this also makes it a competitive sphere with others within the sector all trying to engage with your target market.
Here’s a bit about how we overcome these challenges for the education clients we work with, and the results we achieve for them:
IEC Abroad – SEO, Content, Social Media, Web Design and Development
IEC Abroad is an international education consultancy who help universities to recruit more international students. IEC provide international students with advice on the best course and university for them, and help them with all aspects of the application process. Their vision is to be a reputable and trusted source of university advice for international students.
- Design: We created website designs that were in line with the brand personality; friendly, approachable and accessible with simple navigation. Forms were designed to be as user friendly as possible, with dropdown menus and filtering incorporated. We created prominent ‘Apply Now’ forms to help boost conversions.
- Build: The site was built in WordPress to ensure ease of use for content creators. This was crucial if the site was to become an ‘engaging information portal’. Frequently added content would also help to boost the site’s visibility online, drive traffic, and increase search authority. The site was also built to be fully responsive across devices and browsers.
- SEO; We fully optimised the site for search before it went live. Staying true to the brand’s ethos, the organic and content strategy was developed around the partnerships IEC Abroad had developed in each of the different countries. Not only was this successful in showcasing the credibility of the brand and signposting prospective international students, website authority strengthened and traffic increased.
- 177% increase in organic search
- 133% increase in sessions
- 79% increase in students applying online
“Our company have been with Run2 for just over 2 years now, and we are very satisfied with the choice of agency we have made. Run2 are friendly, honest and dependable, and really go the extra mile. The SEO-service we receive from Run2 is really a full service – I feel very confident with the team at Run2 looking after our business.
Run2 have helped us to create exactly the type of website we had in mind – they simply translated our ideas into a great, functional website with very little back and forth. We are extremely happy with the end result, and it is really obvious how their SEO experience has underpinned the way they built the site. The new site has really made a massive difference to our business!”
– Kimberley De Jong – Marketing Manager at IEC Abroad
New College Group – SEO and Content
New College Group is a specialist college providing English language Courses, with language schools located in Manchester, Liverpool, and Dublin. NCG want to attract international students to the website, whilst encouraging online applications and enquiries from those wishing to study English in the UK & Ireland.
- Website changes: The website was in need of many improvements from both a technical and CRO point of view. We fixed these issues as a priority which made the site much easier to adapt when necessary, and immediately improved overall conversion rates.
- Content marketing: We devised a comprehensive content marketing strategy that spoke directly to our target audience, whilst also helping to improve organic search presence. We focussed on a lifestyle approach that educated potential foreign students on the cultural differences in Manchester and Liverpool, and the benefits of studying in these exciting cities. Whilst keeping content informative, we also considered the language barriers of our target audience (non-English native speakers), ensuring content is always simple and easy to understand.
- SEO: We ensured the website was fully set up and optimised from an SEO perspective, which included rewriting all meta data, a review of internal and external linking, and general best practice fundamentals. Alongside this, we reviewed the site’s backlink profile and ensured there was nothing untoward that could be harming rankings.
- Various campaigns; We used PPC to run various campaigns including promoting Summer Schools, and targeting foreign language ads to students abroad. We made sure the journey was coherent and that these people landed on foreign-language landing pages. A new Dublin school recently opened – we promoted this through all channels.
- 141% increase in organic traffic
- 54% increase in direct traffic
- 394% increase in online applications
SLS (School Letting Solutions) – SEO, Social Media, and PPC
School Lettings Solutions help schools and colleges hire out their facilities to the local community, and have recently come onboard with Run2.
Through paid, organic and social channels, we aim to market SLS to the right audience (specifically headteachers and school business managers), and generally increase enquiries through the website.
- Organic traffic up by 24.4% in the first month of us working on the account. T
- Achieved the best-performing month in the last 3 years in terms of contact form submissions.
If you’re looking for assistance with your digital marketing for your educational institution, get in touch to see how we can help.