The sun is out here at UPSearch HQ and new proposal requests are still coming in fast from potential clients, so much so that we will shortly be recruiting again for an SEO engineer at junior level.
Hey you! Yes you – the recruitment consultant – not so fast – put the phone back down…this isn’t for you I’m afraid. We generally get loads of CV’s direct from some rather good candidates so your services won’t be required for this one plus we won’t be allocating any budget for recruitment fees – so unless you want to do this one for free out of the goodness of your heart please don’t call us for this one.
For all interested candidates here is a short spec:
You will have a passion for all things web and have at least 6 months – 1 year of experience within an online marketing, SEO or at least a web based business environment.
Person Specific – you will:
- Have a high level of attention to detail.
- Have a good level of understanding of HTML and websites (Understanding of other web languages (example PHP or CMS technologies eg wordpress, magento, modx – a bonus).
- Be able to work on own initiative and react quickly to changes.
- Be able to work within deadlines.
- Possess excellent communications skills (Both written and spoken)
- Be able to provide examples of any related web work if applicable. E.g. web design, web projects, web promotion etc.
- Be able to learn quickly. SEO and search engine marketing is a constantly evolving market so your ability to learn and pick up things quickly and follow new industry trends is important.
Ideal experience :
- Content marketing – you will have experience or knowledge in writing quality search engine friendly content and have experience in sourcing relevant touch points for submission.
- Link building and off page optimisation – you will have knowledge of building quality back links and understand the key concepts of the different types of ethical link building.
- Onpage Optimisation – you should be able to demonstrate good on-page optimisation and able to guide web developers on implementing SEO friendly features.
- Keyword research – you should be able to demonstrate a good methodology in keyword research and data sourcing.
- Market and Trend Research – you will have the ability to think fast and conduct research to gain an efficient overview of new trends and markets for clients.
- You will have a good grasp of Social Media Marketing and understand its use within online marketing.
- An understanding of Adwords and Pay Per Click marketing and it’s role within online marketing.
If you are a bit quirky, not boring, and want to build a career in online marketing and SEO with a leading agency, send us a covering letter and CV to [email protected]. If you don’t have any professional experience but you are passionate about this industry and have done some work in your own time that supports your passion, please include this in your covering letter.