Business Development Manager/Director
The Business Development Manager/Director will play a key role in the acquisition of new business for the agency via appointment setting and marketing activities. You will be somebody who is experienced at nurturing leads and seeking out new leads for our project and digital marketing teams. You will be able to speak knowledgeably to marketing directors and business owners about our services, co-ordinating input into proposals from our team of experts.
Ideally you will have gained experience working in a similar agency environment and be familiar with the pitching process. Experience of preparing tenders for public sector work would also be an asset. On a day to day basis you will set up and manage a CRM system, recording the progress of leads as they move along the pipeline and overseeing the marketing activities for the agency. You will be self-motivated, confident and able to work with minimal supervision.
This is a key role in the development of Run2 as a key player in the North West marketing industry and will form part of our senior management team.
- Identify hot prospects to add to the database and manage the CRM system
- Keep in regular contact with potential clients on the database via phone or e-mail in order to build awareness of the agency
- Secure initial meetings with warm prospects
- Attend initial new business meetings to present the agency’s credentials
- Build relationships with potential clients up to the point of securing a sale
- Co-ordinate new business pitches
- Attend networking events as appropriate
- Oversee marketing activities including e-mail campaigns, social media, PPC and SEO
- Develop new business strategy
- Monitor and report on the success rate of new business strategy
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent sales skills both on the phone and face to face with the ability to undertake presentations to clients
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good networking skills
- Ability to oversee in marketing activities for the agency
- Ability to get involved in developing new business strategy
- Salary negotiable.
- 28 days holiday (inc. public holidays)
- Plus 3-4 days holiday between Xmas & New Year.
- Plus your birthday off.
- Company pension
- Training and development opportunities
- Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Location: Manchester